Subject: Lightwave rendering stats
From: [email-masked] (Steven Davis)
To: [email-masked] (LightWave Mailing List)
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 95 17:31:54 CST

It would be nice to see lightwave 4.0 support log files.  For example each
 machine creates a text log file that contains the scene name, frame number,
 time of day started and rendering time. These log files then could tell you
 the rendering status.   
 
 Scene		Frame	Started at		Duration
 --------------------------------------------------------
 newlogo.scn	001	Feb 24th 17:43		10min,3sec
 newlogo.scn	002	Feb 24th 17:53		11min,4sec
 newlogo.scn	003	Feb 24th 18:04		11min,13sec
 newlogo.scn	004	Feb 24th 18:15		11min,47sec
 newlogo.scn	005	Feb 24th 18:23		11min,3sec
 
 This way I could write scripts that would 'tail' this file and let me know
 if machines are still rendering, the added bonus is it would also help me to
 calculate costs for rendering.  A utility could check this file on each
 machine rendering, if the utility is unable to open the file , then the 
 machine has crashed. I could then get it to dial home, connect to my PC
 and give me a report.
 
 Steve Davis.